Botrytis

Hi I'm new and posting on behalf of my father.

He would like your recommendations for a suitable fungicide for botrytis on tomatoes, cucumber (both in-doors), strawberry and gooseberry mildew (both out-doors).

Perhaps more than one product maybe required.

He has previously used Dithane 945.

Thanks

Reply to
Matt BuzzBee

The only fungicide I ever use is copper.

Reply to
Steve Peek

I use copper and Sulfur. When the dew point is above 65 F. and you plant densely it does help some. I try to spray before I see the problem like weeding by hand before they emerge.

Reply to
Bill who putters

You may try opening your plants up to more sunlight and ventilation (stronger lights, and fans) to reduce favorable conditions for mold development.

Reply to
Billy

Matt,

US Pacific Northwest climate here, wet and cool. I use a Bordeaux Mixture protocol outside for most of the year ( more persistent than most) and a good Neem oil (Azadirachta) protocol inside. In the driest parts of the year I will use Neem for most all the gardens , just know which plants Neem may hurt. Bit slow taking full effect.

Some years this may not be enough, so for any breakouts I will use stronger chemicals but do consult someone of authority in your locale rather than the advice of the well intended.

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks for posting, Steve. I've passed this on.

Steve Peek;918951 Wrote:

Reply to
Matt BuzzBee

Thank you all for posting. I've passed on your comments

Reply to
Matt BuzzBee