Bolting Broccoli

In Montgomery AL
My broccoli is bolting. Should I just clip of the bolted shoots and hope for the best, keep gathering side shoots or give up for the season?
This is my first year of gardening, so experimenting with several plants and locations. Appears too much sun and too much heat made the broccoli bolt. How do you determine how much Full Sun is too much Full Sun? Trial and error?
Martin
--
Martin McCaffery
Director