Blueberry Bushes

What is the root structure like in terms of width and depth?

Is there any reason to be concerned about them being evasive to buildings or cables?

Besides birds, rabbits, and deer, are there any other animals of insects about which to be concerned?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Their root structure is fairly shallow & about the width of the plant

not really

Birds will eat a lot of the fruits, but you could benefit by having lots of seedlings. I started with 6 plants & now have approximately 80. I try to pick a couple of days before they're fully ripe. They will ripen well just sitting on the kitchen counter.

I know you're thinking of fermenting them so just be aware that they contain sorbate naturally & fermentation can be difficult. If you were closer I'd hook you up with some seedlings. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peek