Blackcurrant harvesting (and Jam!)

I'm new to edible gardening and I've been very impressed with how thing
have thrived on my humble balcony garden!
The blackcurrant bush I bought in the spring is doing brilliantl considering it's quite young and has produced some large blackcurrant which are starting to turn black- I've heard they should be harveste about a week after they turn black, is this correct?
Also, does anyone know where I can buy blackcurrants to top up m harvest enough to make jam?!!
Thank
-- evalooda

To your first question, I don't know.
To your second question, <<je dit, vieille chose>> you might want to give http://www.pumpkinpatchesandmore.org/ukse.php a go, <<plutt>>. Start at Buckinghamshire, <<gut glck>>.
Hmmm. Ham was what the Celts called their homes, at least until they made the egregious error of inviting the Teutons (Angles,Saxsons, et.al) to come and defend them against the Vikings. Well the upshot of that was the Teutons chased the Celts to Wales and Brittany and the conquering heros settled down and lived in a real Haus (house). Come 1066 AD, the French speaking descendant of the Vikings, under the banner of William of Normandy won the Battle of Hastings and moved into their maisons (mansions). What we are left with is the gamut of dwellings from ham --> haus --> maison or home --> house --> mansion.
Anyway, I find it interesting.
Ciao
--

Billy