Black Krim Tomato volunteer

I had a Black Krim tomato plant a year ago. This year a volunteer tomato came up in my garden and managed to set a few fruits. This being a very cool short summer it was pretty amazing. The variety was that same Black Krim-- a Russian type that is unmistakable for any other type. I am impressed with this plant and saved seeds this time to give it a decent head start in 2009. It seems a better producer than the much-touted Brandywine. Wonder if other folks are growing tomatoes in cooler marginal regions. Here, it is important to chose a type that says 72 days or less. The 80 day tomatoes usually don't make it for us.

Reply to
royj157

I grow short season ones since our summer is so cool and foggy. Two that do well for me are Stupice and Oregon Spring. I've had so so results with San Francisco Fog, funny since I live so close.

I did f> I had a Black Krim tomato plant a year ago. This year a volunteer

Reply to
Marcella Peek