Billy

Are you still out there? Have not saw a post in awhile.

Some adults have better things to do but that doesn't mean that they don't monitor the situation. The Republicans have stolen the last two elections, why would they stop now? Be prepared to defend your freedom.
Planted six more leeks (total of 15 in an underused part of the garden) and five more garlic (German Extra Hardy, plus the six Lotz Italian Garlic already in the ground).
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars

Don't count on it this time.

That's what the 2nd amendment is for. The Democrat record on that one is not so good.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot

Right Brother. Besides gardening, I shoot and hunt. All of us know how Obama/Biden stand on the second amendment.
In article

Exactly. And Biden is worse than Obama on that.
On the other hand, McCain is not so good either.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot

Go to NRA and see what they have to say. Cannot believe you missed it if you belong or have read any sportsmen's mags.
In article

I subscribe to their mag. I know the NRA endorses McCain but he does not have a perfect voting record.
Granted, it's a lot better than Obama's. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot
In article

Ps, I did early voting. I'm an NRA member.
Who do you think I voted for? <g>
Texas always takes Red anyway so it would not have mattered either way...
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot

What is it with Texas? Haven't you ever heard of negotiations? Yes, a big stick is good to have but that's not where you start, although your ex-governor would have you believe otherwise. And I know about bone head governors because I live in California.
Medea Benjamin of Code Pink, has asked for people to be "ready to mobilize" on Nov. 5th, if the election is stolen again.
http://www.truthout.org/110308A

I don't think anyone has ever complained about hunting guns (rifles and shotguns). It's the concealed weapons and banana clips that worry most of us.
Think I'm going to have to pull up the rest of my tomatoes as another rain storm will be here in a week.
I didn't see any improvement using plastic mulch. Coffee grounds will kill and/or stunt plants that aren't potatoes or blueberries. Iron phosphate is the solution to slugs and snails. Too much sphagnum moss is bad in germination soils. No positive results seen from compost or manure teas.
Well, here we go, into the future. Hoping for the best and expecting the worst. Watch Colorado, Arizona, and Florida for voting irregularities.
Good luck.
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars
In article

Why? Are you getting hail?

Try raked leaves? Those never hurt any of my plants and take weeks to rot down. I tend to use heavy layers of them in the fall to protect bulb plants.

We'll know in the morning. I'm mostly ignoring it at the moment. I've had it up past my eyeballs with politics at this point. Nothing is going to change the outcome now.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot

Just one day more :-) But who's counting? I am!
Then we'll all be free, free, freeeeee I tell you .... free from entrenched positions, free of propaganda, free from harsh words that will not change anything one little bit. Well a bit more free then , maybe, for a while, perhaps. Oh alright we won't be free of any of those things.
It will only get worse. The winners will crow and point out their victory was due to the moral superiority and intellectual power of their side. The undecided will discover that they actually supported the winner. The losers will whinge about the stupidity of those who voted the other way or how if it wasn't for some minor error by some nameless strategist, or the influence of the media (that they used to love but now despise) it would have been different. It will take weeks to settle down. And if it is really close we will have court cases ... will our torment never cease.
Nothing personal Billy you just provided the excuse. I have just about had enough of these peculiar rituals that masquerade as democracy and tell us nothing about radishes.
David

Ok, that was funny. ;-)
You want lots of radish seeds? Let them go for two years. I've not looked it up but in my experience when I let them go, they are bi-annuals!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot

:-)) Me too! I'm just glad I don't live in the US. If you and I are fed up with it all just imagine how bad it must be there. It seems to have had the gestation period of an elephant.

:-)) The one thing that has amused me hugely has been the blooper that followed "The Chaser"'s spoof report on that wardrobe issue.
Viz, "It doesn't matter that Palin's costing us a fortune for her wardrobe," one campaign insider said. "What matters is that she's costing us the election." http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2409171.htm
In article

Geez people! Have you seen the cost of Armani suits for men?
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot

I liked her better in plaid ;O)
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars
In article

<lol>
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot

Ahhh a fellow sceptic :)
As for I, I voted for Obama and the green party for all others.
Because I am selfish! I want the money freely givin to me without working for it. I say tax everyone but me and give me the money for doing absolutely nothing. Like those that are retired or CEO's of major corporations. I do not want to work until I am dead. For me gardening is not work :)
Also, I have nothing to say about radishes, it's corn. I learned something that many gardeners probably have know for years. I have always grown my corn by itself. Grew green beans on trellises. As I watched an episode of "Victory Garden". They green green beans mixed with corn and the beans grew up around the corn stalks. No trellises needed. For others here it nothing new, for me that was just sooo coool.
Like Billy, I monitor often and often without posting.
Enjoy Life ... Dan
--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

I totally agree :O),
but we still have to protect the soil, air, and water.
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars

Glad to hear see you are still around. Planted some Garlic, lettuce and carrots. I've decided to go a little less on the tomato's for 2009 so I may try some potato's and who knows what else. I will be glad when the election is over. I'm afraid of Obama raising taxes I pay to many already and I hunt, so that tells you how my vote will go. > --

Yeah, I'm working on having winter some winter crops. Last year I tried Brussel sprouts and it was a big bust. This year I have a volunteer Brussel sprout that that is 2' tall and healthy (so far at least). The leeks look OK and I just planted some more. Beets didn't work for me before but I had a surprise Spring crop and my Fall crop is small but it is what I planted. Cabbage is my latest cross to bear. Maybe it is just a matter of sunlight. I seem to have troubles with first time crops but they eventually work themselves out.
My tomatoes were a big disappointment, I germinated them and only half got large enough to produce tomatoes. The nursery bought cherry tomatoes were good producers though. Last year, I grew tomatoes and string beans together last year but in the middle of the patch, the leaves on both the sting beans and the tomatoes sequentially dried out and stunted or killed the plants. I moved the tomatoes but left the beans mixed with peppers this time. No problem with the peppers but the beans were affected again, taking out the middle of a 17' X 4' row. The affected area doesn't seem to be expanding.
I've expanded my garden up and down my north facing hillside and have found that the sun reaches further (under shading trees) down the hill in the winter and the upper part of the hill is shaded by my front fence.
So I'm working on a winter garden and still trying to work out the problems with my summer garden.
From my reading of Michael Pollan, wild game is the heathiest meat to eat. It is meat that you take responsibility for, without the sterility of buying meat wrapped in plastic from nightmare feed lots.
As far as Obama, I think his election will help bury ol' Jim Crow. I have no hope that his administration will be qualitatively different from George Bush. Obama and McCain got to where they are by dealing with corporate interests. Our present administration, has been privatizing public property at an incredible pace and facilitating corporate crime and malfeasance, while simultaneously turning us into a police state. We need to bring our troops home, change regulations of the financial markets back where they were in 1990, reinstate FISA as it was in 1990, and I would like to see the nationalization of one or more of the oil companies to support the rebuilding of America.
I basically want to get back to Maybury.
In any event, I didn't vote for Obama.
Happy gardening;O)