BIG EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just accidentily used Round-Up on all my pittosporum instead of aphid killer. Is there ANYTHING i can do to help them to correct my mistake. I sprayed them on the tops of the plants, not the roots. Any vitamins, serious fertilizer, transplanting, ANYTHING!!!!!!
they also aren't very old
BenGman wrote:

I think that they're toast. Sorry
--
Steve
Ever notice that putting the and IRS together makes "theirs"?
BenGman wrote:

Oh and label your sprayers in big letters like I do.
John!
BenGman wrote:

Call Monsanto. See if there is an antidote...
I'm betting you are just going to have to wait 6 weeks, then replace them.
Next time, read the labels, and don't drink beer before doing your gardening.
Condolences by the way!
--
Om.

BenGman wrote:

Your only hope would have been to spray with lots of water right away to wash it off. Round-up on the soil would do little if any harm. It works by being absorbed by the leaves. If you had realized you mistake right when you were spraying and ran for a garden hose to wash it off, maybe... Even then enough might have been absorbed to make them sick for the rest of the summer. They might have died anyway too. I don't know how sensitive pittosporum is to round-up. A few plants are not all that sensitive but they are the exception to the rule.
Steve
no, not now. My question is why would you even use round up at all, not to mention a chemical spray for aphids. Neither are necessary. A simple spray of water will remove aphids from your plants, but aphids are a symptom of plants that aren't healthy anyway. Feed your soil and everything will improve. (and not with synthetic high nitrogen fertilizers)

thanks everybody, but my trees are looking fine after 4 days of the initial poisening. I just sprayed them really well after the poisening, cut off the most affected branches, and sprayed it with good ol-fashioned miracle-gro. Their looking pretty darn good for having been drenched with round-up
BenGman wrote:

Report back after it's been 2 weeks. If they are still looking good then, I'll believe they are really OK. Good luck.
Steve

Don't speak too soon! .........
I read your initial cry for help too late to be of assistance. But I think if I were in your shoes and it were a few hours after spraying that I'd realised I'd sprayed with round-up, I'd snip off every leaf on the tree. Might need the assistance of others with this, to get it done quickly.

John Savage wrote:

That's for sure. I would want to know what they look like after 2 or 3 weeks before doing the victory dance.
Steve