Beetle Question

I grow a couple of rows of foch grapes for wine making and am getting them to look like I want. Last year I had 3 of the 7 plants producing in good quanity and harvested 5 gals of juice. This year I 2 additional plants producing and only 3 gals of juice. The beetles had damaged most of the crop. I should have had at least 10 gals this year as they were all very healthy and vigorous.

The other problem is that I should have let the berries stay on at least another 2 weeks. Which by then I think I will have nothing.

Should I net the whole area? Are there good sprays? Can I feed them something else? I serriously need to solve this problem. I am also hoping that because last summer was so dry maybe there was not enough out there for them to eat because these beetles are not supossed to eat berries.

Dave Waller Monroe WI

Reply to
Dave Waller

Glenn Lynn

Excelent! Do you know what brand/model/kind it is?

Dave

Glenn Lynn wrote:

Reply to
Dave Waller

Dave, i'm down here in Alabama, and i'll tell you, the Japanese beetles were hell on us last year. The problem was, every store was SOLD OUT until well into the season when the damage was done already.

Go and get some early. Walmart sells some, as would any garden center. but when the infestation hits, the traps will be long gone by the time you need them!!

Reply to
Bpyboy