Beetle Question

I grow a couple of rows of foch grapes for wine making and am getting them to look like I want. Last year I had 3 of the 7 plants producing in good quanity and harvested 5 gals of juice. This year I 2 additional plants producing and only 3 gals of juice. The beetles had damaged most of the crop. I should have had at least 10 gals this year as they were all very healthy and vigorous.
The other problem is that I should have let the berries stay on at least another 2 weeks. Which by then I think I will have nothing.
Should I net the whole area? Are there good sprays? Can I feed them something else? I serriously need to solve this problem. I am also hoping that because last summer was so dry maybe there was not enough out there for them to eat because these beetles are not supossed to eat berries.
Dave Waller Monroe WI
Are they Japanese Beetles? I don't really think that netting the grapes will keep them out. If they are Japanese Beetles, you can buy a good trap for them. I used them last year when the beetles infested my grapes and they really worked well.
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:52:06 -0600, Dave Waller

Excelent! Do you know what brand/model/kind it is?
Dave
Glenn Lynn wrote:

Dave, i'm down here in Alabama, and i'll tell you, the Japanese beetles were hell on us last year. The problem was, every store was SOLD OUT until well into the season when the damage was done already.
Go and get some early. Walmart sells some, as would any garden center. but when the infestation hits, the traps will be long gone by the time you need them!!