Bearss Lime

We have a productive Bearss lime tree in our backyard, but I'm not sure when the fruit is at its best.
Limes in the grocery store have shiny smooth skins. The fruit on our tree is fuzzy, until it eventually turns yellow (which I think is overripe). Am I just missing the smooth, green phase? Or are Bearss limes different?
Thanks/Regards
Louis Cohen Living la vida loca at N37 43' 7.9" W122 8' 42.8"

when
Am
Not knowing lime from a coconut, I did some reading up via Google and now I know! :)
http://www.hortresearch.co.nz/products/nzcbs/cultivars/bearss / http://ccpp.ucr.edu/variety/358.html (Yellow appears to be ripe..) http://erazo.org/chefrick/ingredients/lemons.htm http://www.daleysfruit.com.au/fruit%20pages/lime.htm
John in Victoria BC Canuckistan