BASIL eating ghosts

Will someone please help? Something is eating my basil! I cant see wha
it is. I found no eggs or nest of any sort, i have put eggshells and also have gravel. I also used a spray but nothing works. Its crikets assume. What can i use against them
-- edith
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:00:18 +0000, edith

Slugs love basil.
At least, US slugs love basil.
Put a board by the plants in the evening, and check it in the morning to see if there are any slugs underneath.
Penelope