Bad Year for Fire Ants

The B@stards... and they are all moving north... and they saeem to be hiding their nests better, in mulch and taller grass. Nothing worse than coming across a nest of them in the mulch pile.

John!

Northeast GA in the US Southern Piedmont

Reply to
GA Pinhead

I'm thankful that fire ants don't survive this far north. Of course, for many years I believed that Japanese Beetles couldn't live this far north. That was wishful thinking. The first year that I saw them there was only one. The next year a few. Now, I've giving thought to spraying my grape vines. Maybe not this year, collecting them by hand is keeping the damage to a minimum.

Steve in the Adirondacks

Reply to
Steve