"Back to Nature" Cotton Burr Compost Question

Page 3 of 3
On Sat, 05 May 2007 15:50:21 -0500, Charlie wrote:

No- it's reality. People with such an education can and usually do disagree about many things. I'm simply telling you that you do not have the foundation to make an informed decision unless you acquire the education, or find some one you trust that has done.
I did not say I favored GM in any way. There are some products out that seem well concieved and helpfull, others- not so much- BUT that is just my take on it. The satellite viruses (forms of viruses that require other viruses to finish their replication cycles) that prevent rust ( think fungus) on rice seem to be a good example. Those little engineered nanobots have upped the rice crop in China 4-500%

I do not have faith in anything.

If you are over the age of 32, statistically you are alive because of science (assuming you are female). Male -a bit younger.

What is needed in this and all such debates is information transfer. Stem cells (my dad could have used those), cloning (general), cloning (human), genetically engineering bacteria (eg. bugs that eat oil spills currently in use), viruses (viruses that attack cancer. currently in use) plants (soybeans etc), animals (lean meat, cows that secret drugs in their milk), humans (not yet, or so I think). There are ethical and scientific issues to all of these things. Knee jerk responses (Cloning Bad, Organic good) are of absolutely no help.

Sorry, gotta go, and we probably just need to agree we speak different languages. _Rick

Probably best. So it goes. Thanks for the replies.
Like I said,

Besides, Alphas need us drones for...well, you know :-)
Care, and Enjoy your World Charlie
On Thu, 03 May 2007 23:26:00 +0000, Rick wrote:

That is not true. GM food does not live up to it's promise.
sf
On Tue, 08 May 2007 01:00:40 GMT, jellybean stonerfish

You are incorrect.
Here is a good place to start learning about the pros and cons of GMOs. GMO production is, and will continue to grow exponentially in the undeveloped world.
http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/gmfood.shtml