Avacado Tree

I have an avacado tree which I brought in the house during our recent Florida hurricanes. I noticed that my cat took a particular liking to the large potted plant and used it as her litter box a few times.
Now my tree's leaves are drooping. I have moved it back outside and heavily watered the soil, as well as added some Miracle Gro to the soil. Is there anything anyone can recommend to help rejuvinate it.
The leaves are still green but they are all droopy. -Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@sparkysdistribution.com (Rachel) wrote:

Too much nitrogen will kill, and it's hard to wash it out...
You may just consider doing a total soil replacement, and quickly! and hope it's not too late. ;-(
I also have a lot of cats and to prevent such an occurence in the future, rig some wire cages over the soil so that the cat cannot get into the pot. Large guage gravel can also help prevent it, but the wire caging works better.
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Stop adding Miracle Gro.