Attn: Steve, Billy and others

Came across this, and other links on the page, and found them very well produced. Old news really, more detailed and more info, for video production. Link to dangers of aspartame use and other goodies.

you and Billy and a few others might find these educational and.....other things.

For those who don't, ya' might want to start researching and thinking about seedsaving.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Thank you, Charlie. Nice find.

Reply to
Steve

Very nice, Always wondered why Monsantos stock price was stuck at 51.50 on the old Excite site.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Look at the other articles:

Cold fusion UFOs Kennedy Assassinations Mind Control Aspatarme risks The Evils of inoculation ..and on and on....

The site is dedicated to Personal Growth Courses Oh wow. That is just boggling. But wait there's more. How about "The Hidden Knowledge Course". Where is my robe and my athame? Where is my power-charged crystal, my rabbit's foot, my car that runs on water...... Oh my goodness I must get some laying on of hands before I faint.

"Conspiracy Theories Old and New" would be better. "Internet Hoaxes We Know and Love" would be better still.

I probably won't be able to post much more as "they" will be on to me. They can trace you through the ether you know. If in the next few days the person posting under my name is all sweetness and light and agrees with the last person who typed (no matter what they say) you will know "they" caught me and fitted a mind control helmet. If you don't hear another word then I am being vivisected out about alpha centauri somewhere.

Using this site as a reference for the risks of GMOs and the benefits of seed saving is doing that cause no good at all.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Do you always advocate for throwing out the baby with the bath water, David?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie
.

David writes:

David

In the case of the People vs. Eco-fringe AKA ELFies, I rest my case. and invite the "jury" to further review the bonus link on Deconstructing Web Pages:

gunner

remark?

to associate in the peoples' minds my postings and beliefs with ELF and their illegal activities? Naughty, naughty, Mr. Agent Provocateur.

turn.

(sorry aus.gardens, David put this here)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

(continuous dialogue of dissent snipped.)

".....naughty, naughty, Mr. Agent Provocateur."

(aus.gardens removed)

Pretty good, huh? I borrowed it from one of your playbooks:

I have to ask how come you guys can use ELF,....yet, the rest of us can't?

Little willaim billy ronnee rosee, very recently, used ELF references in a couple of his retorts. Specifically:

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:10 PM and Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:35 AM

Serious Charlie, David makes a excellent point on guilt by association. Personally, I find it great you guys are showing your "extraordinary" associations as he points out and then chide him for speaking out on the obvious. You easily make my case, but not so good for your side.

BTW, why doesn't your tribe use Rec.Gardens.Organic for your dogma propaganda efforts instead of R.G.E.? Think of it as a challenge to convert RGO from a lonely and boring place to an exciting propaganda event for your views? Have a little place all to your own for your Mutual Admiration Society Meetings? Then we can really concentrate on gardening questions instead of propaganda as billy asks when he is stymied. Think it over, a place all to yourself and those of your ilk! A win-win for all!!

Reply to
gunner

I am not saying that because so much of their stuff is wrong all of it _must_ be wrong but why would you shlep through all that nonsense to get to a few nuggets? It may be logically possible that everything they say about GMO issues is well reasoned and supported by evidence and the waffle about mind control etc can and should be safely ignored. But from the point of view of winning hearts and minds using such a site as reference is not how I would go about it.

If I wanted to choose an advocate for a particular point of view I would at try to get one that was not showing such poor standards in presentation and explanation of material and particularly did not repackage loony-tunes issues for the sake of commercial gain. With supporters like that who needs detractors.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it. ~~ Edward R. Murrow

Reply to
Charlie

You could at least get a quote relating to your using the Pyscho Network as reference instead of trying to divert from your faux pas.

Reply to
gunner

If one uses a source, that mentions other issues, in order to support an argument then you are inviting people to make comparisons between the quality of the arguments mounted in each case. In this situation when so many of the other arguments are so poor you have to question the ability and judgement of those who present them. This doesn't make the overall anti-GMO case weak - it may or may not be. It stands or falls on its own merits not on the company it keeps.

I was pointing out that as a matter of practicality if one wants to choose a representer for your point of view at least have the sense to choose a good one that makes the case well. My hooting and hollering was more about the absurdity of the polemic technique than the GMO issue. I am interested in both.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

See MKUltra. It didn't work but it ruined a number of lives.

Reply to
Wildbilly

Ya, ya, ya, got that.....your a GMO fence sitter and your trying to tell the Stoner bros to get a better frame to showcase their work because this one is a bit wacky and very tacky.

You need to sell them David, not me. I could care less what their cause de jour is. It is always the same, starts with ...faulty analogy, then fringe talk, false allegations, followed by ad hominem attacks, waffling, then more weasel words.... lastly....... the diversion.

Just another example of the Stoner Bros confirmation bias. They have a well established profile pattern of continiously and knowingly ignoring disconfirmatory evidence and allowing personal beliefs and biases to drive the conclusions. This is NOT presenting factual information nor encouraging dialogue. One could call it marketing, most others; proselytizing. I

BTW loved how GMO got associated with the Great Irish Potato Famine. very classic propaganda. A bit reaching perhaps, but there will be more potato talk I'm sure

Reply to
gunner

Snerk! I'd say this is a perfect site for discourse on the evils of GMO.

-Rick

Reply to
Rick

I'd say that you haven't been introduced to the wonders of spliceosomes. Strange proteins (re: allergens) may end up being the biggest problem with GMOs.

Reply to
Wildbilly

Even a broken watch is right twice a day (analogue that is;O)

Reply to
Wildbilly

The Grand Shaman's omnipotent reply:

The problem with us poor unwashed minions billy, is we didn't get picked to be on the personal mission from God. We don't have the tin foil hat advantage your eco-fringely squad does to see all these evils as clearly as you portend.

But do keep defending this "site" as one of yours. I see you already used potatoes as your anchor linkage and diversion.

Would anyone else like Kool-aid while we await the Mother ship?

If the Canadians can teach their HS students, you think we could at least teach our adults.

gunner

Unless it's a European AKA "Navy time" watch/clock.

Gary Woods

Unreproduceable

Who knows?

They didn't die from natural death

I'm sure that they are still working on it.

How much methanol is good for you?

From adjuvants to Thiomersal, or sodium ethylmercurithiosalicylate one has to wonder about what is going into your body,

These films didn't arise from a single source. The BBC produced the "Power of Nightmares", a film about the rise of the neo-cons. "The Future of Food" is on sale at many organic grocery stores. The following is a bibliography of major articles, research, and publications relevant to the issues discussed in The Future of Food: Books Kimbrell, Andrew. Fatal Harvest: The Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture. California: Island Press 2002. Smith, Jeffrey M. Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies About the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods You're Eating. Fairfield, IA: Yes! Books 2003. Lappé, Marc, Ph.D. & Bailey, Britt. Against the Grain: Biotechnology and the Corporate Takeover of Your Food. Monroe, ME: Common Courage Press

1998. Fowler, Cary & Mooney, Pat: Shattering: Food, Politics, and The Loss of Genetic Diversity. Tuscon, AZ: The University of Arizona Press 1990. Charles, Daniel: Lords of the Harvest: Biotech, Big Money, and The Future of Food. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Publishing 2001.

As for Media Censorship you need look no further than

.

I can't speak to each of these subjects but I suggest that you make your own inquiries, and make up your own mind, based on the facts that you find, and not just dismiss them based on the fact that Cold Fusion was a hoax.

Can we have a little critical thinking here?

Reply to
Wildbilly