Attn: Steve, Billy and others

Page 1 of 2
Came across this, and other links on the page, and found them very well produced. Old news really, more detailed and more info, for video production. Link to dangers of aspartame use and other goodies.
http://personalgrowthcourses.net/video/gmo_food_genetically_modified
Thought you and Billy and a few others might find these educational and.....other things.
For those who don't, ya' might want to start researching and thinking about seedsaving.
Charlie
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:12:09 -0600, Charlie wrote:

Thank you, Charlie. Nice find.

And a well done.
--
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist."
"Charlie" wrote in message

Very nice, Always wondered why Monsantos stock price was stuck at 51.50 on the old Excite site.
Cheers
Charlie wrote:

Look at the other articles:
Cold fusion UFOs Kennedy Assassinations Mind Control Aspatarme risks The Evils of inoculation ..and on and on....
The site is dedicated to Personal Growth Courses Oh wow. That is just boggling. But wait there's more. How about "The Hidden Knowledge Course". Where is my robe and my athame? Where is my power-charged crystal, my rabbit's foot, my car that runs on water...... Oh my goodness I must get some laying on of hands before I faint.
"Conspiracy Theories Old and New" would be better. "Internet Hoaxes We Know and Love" would be better still.
I probably won't be able to post much more as "they" will be on to me. They can trace you through the ether you know. If in the next few days the person posting under my name is all sweetness and light and agrees with the last person who typed (no matter what they say) you will know "they" caught me and fitted a mind control helmet. If you don't hear another word then I am being vivisected out about alpha centauri somewhere.
Using this site as a reference for the risks of GMOs and the benefits of seed saving is doing that cause no good at all.
David
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:47:10 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"

Do you always advocate for throwing out the baby with the bath water, David?
Charlie
Charlie wrote:

I am not saying that because so much of their stuff is wrong all of it _must_ be wrong but why would you shlep through all that nonsense to get to a few nuggets? It may be logically possible that everything they say about GMO issues is well reasoned and supported by evidence and the waffle about mind control etc can and should be safely ignored. But from the point of view of winning hearts and minds using such a site as reference is not how I would go about it.
If I wanted to choose an advocate for a particular point of view I would at try to get one that was not showing such poor standards in presentation and explanation of material and particularly did not repackage loony-tunes issues for the sake of commercial gain. With supporters like that who needs detractors.
David

Even a broken watch is right twice a day (analogue that is;O)
--
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.

<Pedant> Unless it's a European AKA "Navy time" watch/clock. </Pedant>

That would make it once a day then that it was right. So, would you say that it was always wrong?
--
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist."

Well, we could just recommend that everyone rush out and rent the movie at your local video store. Where else do you suggest that we look at it for free? If the web site has wacky info, they probably are getting credibility from posting "The Future of Food". I must admit that I haven't been through the site, but then I have time constraints because I have to work. Maybe you could go over the highlights of some of their wackier assertions.
--
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.

.
David writes:

David
In the case of the People vs. Eco-fringe AKA ELFies, I rest my case. and invite the "jury" to further review the bonus link on Deconstructing Web Pages:
http://www.media-awareness.ca/english/resources/educational/teaching_backgrounders/internet/decon_web_pages.cfm
or
http://tinyurl.com/mjx2xv

What? No mention of little red books, just a derogatory eco-fringe remark?
http://www.answers.com/topic/red-baiting
Trying to associate in the peoples' minds my postings and beliefs with ELF and their illegal activities? Naughty, naughty, Mr. Agent Provocateur.
http://www.answers.com/topic/agent-provocateur
Your turn.
(sorry aus.gardens, David put this here)
Charlie
<Charlie> wrote in message
(continuous dialogue of dissent snipped.)
".....naughty, naughty, Mr. Agent Provocateur."

(aus.gardens removed)
Pretty good, huh? I borrowed it from one of your playbooks: http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Media:manipulation.htm
But I have to ask how come you guys can use ELF,....yet, the rest of us can't?
Little willaim billy ronnee rosee, very recently, used ELF references in a couple of his retorts. Specifically:
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:10 PM and Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:35 AM
Serious Charlie, David makes a excellent point on guilt by association. Personally, I find it great you guys are showing your "extraordinary" associations as he points out and then chide him for speaking out on the obvious. You easily make my case, but not so good for your side.
BTW, why doesn't your tribe use Rec.Gardens.Organic for your dogma propaganda efforts instead of R.G.E.? Think of it as a challenge to convert RGO from a lonely and boring place to an exciting propaganda event for your views? Have a little place all to your own for your Mutual Admiration Society Meetings? Then we can really concentrate on gardening questions instead of propaganda as billy asks when he is stymied. Think it over, a place all to yourself and those of your ilk! A win-win for all!!

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it. ~~ Edward R. Murrow
<Charlie> wrote in message > wrote:

You could at least get a quote relating to your using the Pyscho Network as reference instead of trying to divert from your faux pas.

Oh, just cut off his air. All he wants is to be noticed.
--
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist."
gunner wrote:

If one uses a source, that mentions other issues, in order to support an argument then you are inviting people to make comparisons between the quality of the arguments mounted in each case. In this situation when so many of the other arguments are so poor you have to question the ability and judgement of those who present them. This doesn't make the overall anti-GMO case weak - it may or may not be. It stands or falls on its own merits not on the company it keeps.
I was pointing out that as a matter of practicality if one wants to choose a representer for your point of view at least have the sense to choose a good one that makes the case well. My hooting and hollering was more about the absurdity of the polemic technique than the GMO issue. I am interested in both.
David

Ya, ya, ya, got that.....your a GMO fence sitter and your trying to tell the Stoner bros to get a better frame to showcase their work because this one is a bit wacky and very tacky.
You need to sell them David, not me. I could care less what their cause de jour is. It is always the same, starts with ...faulty analogy, then fringe talk, false allegations, followed by ad hominem attacks, waffling, then more weasel words.... lastly....... the diversion.
Just another example of the Stoner Bros confirmation bias. They have a well established profile pattern of continiously and knowingly ignoring disconfirmatory evidence and allowing personal beliefs and biases to drive the conclusions. This is NOT presenting factual information nor encouraging dialogue. One could call it marketing, most others; proselytizing. I
BTW loved how GMO got associated with the Great Irish Potato Famine. very classic propaganda. A bit reaching perhaps, but there will be more potato talk I'm sure

You made a good point, don't go and eff it up. "It stands or falls on its own merits not on the company it keeps." In this case it would be the company that keeps it. We can rent this film from Netflix, if we wish to. Would that make you feel better? Would that make it more sanitary? Let the arguments stand or fall on its' own merits, as a feller once said.