Attn: NZers

Hi, Everybody,
New Zealanders may want to start checking for cabbage loopers about now.
I just found my first ones of the season.
They are caterpillars, about one and a half cm long, almost exactly the same shade of light green as a broccoli stalk. They go after broccoli, cauliflower, and relatives, and may hide right under/inside the head, of on the underside of leaves. They also may make lots of holes in the leaves.
I tried washing, but they are sticky, and had to be picked off by hand.
I will apply Spinosad (Yates "Success" brand), tomorrow (or whenever it finally stops raining.)
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /
il Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:59:20 -0800, Antipodean Bucket Farmer ha scritto:

Stops raining??? I wish. It's soo cold my tomatoes have that funny spotty look they get when the supermarkets put theirs in the cooler. One day it's 30 C and windy, the next it's 16 C and freezing wet. Next week the cycle will repeat itself <sigh> what a summer. At least the aphids hate it too.
--
Cheers,