Assistance Locating Onion Seeds

Last year, I found an online source for "Red Creole" onions. Unfortunately, certain of its business practices I find a little off-putting. Although, I'll save seeds, there's the "meantime" before flowering. The only other online seed source I've found is requesting U$ 8.99 for 25 seeds; not for me, that. Can anybody offer any guidance to a US source for these seeds? Anybody hoarding seeds he'll part with (in return for cash, of course). I'm appreciative of any information but a link to "let me google that for you" simply will put you on the lifetime twit list as a self-identified butthead.

Reply to
Derald

300 seeds for $2.00

Fast shipping from this one. It's down the road from where I live and garden.

Here are some more sources:

Pat

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The list is very much appreciated! I guess I shouldn't admit it, but Baker Creek are the folks I'd just as soon not continue to patronize. I hasten to point out, though, that my peculiarity definitely SHOULD NOT influence anyone else's decision: I am a notorious curmudgeon. I certainly cannot fault the selection, the quality or the service. Definitely shall follow up on the other leads!

Reply to
Derald

Burpee sells them. Walmart sells Burpee seeds. Have you looked there?

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

No; I haven't been in a Walmart for years. My last experience with Wallyworld seeds was their private "BH&G" label. They were a straight ripoff. I drive by Walmart to buy my cheap Chinese crap from local merchants whenever possible or from competing chain stores. Thanks for the tip, though; I may ease into the garden shop end of the store and check it out.

Reply to
Derald