Asparagus problem

I planted an asparagus bed several years ago. In previous years unusual events (wind storm, hail) kept me from making any judgments. But this year I have no excuses. The plants came up pretty well and I harvested some spears sparingly. All spring we've had plenty of moisture, but the green foliage on all the plants uniformly seems to be withering starting at the top and working downward. Right now the top 15 " of all the 4 foot tall plants appears completely dead. Does anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
josh

google is your friend. I searched on "asparagus yellowing" and got a ton of hits. This is one that might provide the answer you need. (It's possible the yellowing is a lack of N)

Bill

Reply to
JRYezierski