Asparagus

DH picked the first 3 spears of asparagus today. I got to eat all three raw. They were nice and crunchy. The fact that it has been (and still is) raining for the last couple of days probably helped them.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
The Cook wrote:

i am so envious... enjoy!
songbird
PhoenixWench wrote: ...

sprouts are usually cute. like babies. at least until they eat something they shouldn't. or as a plant, spread someplace where they aren't wanted.

i hope the recent rains are making it over that ways? they have been well appreciated here. everything grows so much better with a good rain and it saves me doing it. especially any clay gardens i might be trying to keep at weeding.
one thing nice about having a longer spring season before planting is that i have had more time to get out and weed some areas before they put on heavy overgrowth so i won't have to walk on any of it again until when i selectively harvest or trim it back (to feed the worms and to feed the plants with their own leaves/stems). it looks nicer in bloom when i don't have to walk on it.
i hope your apple tree comes along well. :)
songbird