asian cucumber

I've never been that sucessful growing cucumbers but decided to try "Asian Cucumbers" this year. I don't think I've ever seen 'em in the produce section of my local supermarket before and would like to know what they look like when they're ready to pick and eat. I did a Google search using "photos asian cucumbers" for the search words and came up with lots of links, but they definetly weren't the kind of link I was looking for. I have two on the vines that are about 12 to 14 inches long and about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Are they about ready...?

Reply to
Rich McCormack

Yep.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows

So...on that advice I picked one and made a Thai style cucumber and onion salad with crushed red chiles and champagne vinegar. Very tasty...and colorful. The Asian cucumber, or at least the ones I'm growing, have a definite green tinge to the inside flesh, unlike the white to very pale green I'm used to. Thanks...

Rich

Reply to
Rich McCormack