Are these posionous?

Strange question, and perhaps in the wrong place, but I work in a hospital where sometimes people eat things they shouldn't. Should this plant be removed? There is some concern it looks a bit like deadly nightshade!
[image:
http://i54.tinypic.com/w7ena8.jpg ]
--
georgebunter

"georgebunter" wrote in message
Strange question, and perhaps in the wrong place, but I work in a hospital where sometimes people eat things they shouldn't. Should this plant be removed? There is some concern it looks a bit like deadly nightshade!
[image:
http://i54.tinypic.com/w7ena8.jpg ]
========= Is the food there that bad? That looks like Mahonia. Pretty innocuous plant.
georgebunter;919949 Wrote:

have indentations, and deadly nightshade berries sit in a 5-pointed leafy cup. 'Atropa belladonna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia' (http://tinyurl.com/2qtffk )
It is mahonia, which is edible, though not always palatable unless sufficiently ripe and juicy.
Gardens are typically full of poisonous plants, but we don't go around pulling them out, unless we identify some specific garden user likely to be tempted to eat that specific plant.
--
echinosum