apricots

Hi, this is my first post so please go easy on me.
does anyone have any knowledge about Apricots. my apricot tree is in leaf and looking healthy when can i expect to see some blossom???, or is it not going to flower this year, it is a second year tree.
thanks for any information. Chris Thompson
--
Chris Thompson

Chris Thompson wrote:

Apricots are among the earliest of the fruit trees to blossom out. Timing depends a lot on your climate zone. Here in zone 5, Midwest, the flower buds on my Moorpark Apricot are now starting to swell. We are experiencing typical cold April here, so I am hoping they will not come out now, and get hit by a frost. If your Apricot is on standard rootstock, it will take a few years to start up. On a dwarfing rootstock, you may get a few blossoms sooner, after a couple of years, depending on the vigor of your variety and rootstock. Be patient. The typical problem with Apricots are the blossoms coming out too soon, and getting clobbered by a late frost. It happens a lot, here in the Midwest part of the country.
Sherwin
sherwin dubren;838461 Wrote: > Chris Thompson wrote:-

> or

> Midwest,

> We

> rootstock.

> coming

Thanks Sherwin, i had an idea that i would have to waite a few years before i got any Apricots, maybe next year hopefully .
all the best Chris. ps i live in England in a County called Cornwall
--
Chris Thompson