Apple trees & grape vines.

Planted some apple & grape seeds in my herb box just for fun, and was surprised to see seedlings emerging after about 10 days or so. The reason I didn't expect them to grow is because I am in a tropical area where we grow bananas, mangos,papaia etc. My question is will these plants grow bigger & if so would they bear fruit ?

Paul Cordell, Nth. Qld. Australia.

Reply to
Pablo

The apple will probably grow unless it succumbs to a disease. Unfortunately they need a certain number of days(varies by variety) of winter chill to set fruit so most probable no fruit. Grapes depending on variety grow at least into the subtropics.

Reply to
FarmerDill

Thanks mate.

Paul down under.