apple blossoms in October

I have two apple trees which were planted in my yard, one in front other in back, by a friend. They usually bloom about the same time in early spring, but in the two springs they have lived here, each has had only a few blossoms. Now it is October and they are coming out all over the place.
One is a, I think, Pink Lady and the other is a crabby. Freezes are rare here around south Houston. Assuming they manage to pollenize (?) each other, what might my chances be of seeing a few apples this winter?
Mycosimian wrote:

Most of my experience is with cold winters here in the Midwest. I imagine that if you have no frosts to kill the blossoms and there are insects around to pollinate them, you could get apples. It seems strange that they did not produce more blossoms this spring, yet are doing so now.
Sherwin

Our planet is going whacko preparing for armageddon methinks.<g>
(JUST KIDDING!!!)
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"

During winter here, temps tend to get up into the 80's between cold fronts. They don't seem to like having their beauty sleep interrupted.
Is this a good time to plant apples?
Wil wrote:

Yes. Depends somewhat on what climate zone you are in. I would wait for the tree to go dormant and/or drop all it's leaves. The advantage of fall planting is that the lower ground takes longer to freeze than the surface. This gives the tree some time to get it's root structure going without the added strain of putting out top growth as in the regular growing season. I would cover the tree around the drip line with mulch, except near the trunk, to keep the ground temperature more uniform. That winter sun can sometimes do damage and you don't want the ground freezing and thawing alternately.
Sherwin