Apple and Kiwi

Hi, i have an issue with my apple and kiwi vine both planted 4 years ago in heavy clay soil. they are around 3 metres apart from the nearest branch. we had a Labrador dog who used the space between them as his toilet.
the issue we have is many of the leaves have lost their colour and the leaves have turned yellow. both were fine in the spring but have had this issue during the summer. you can see the green veins on the leaves but the rest is yellow. i found small black bugs on the underside of the kiwi which i have sprayed.
runner beans are also growing in amongst the kiwi and they are fine. we also have a grape vine and victoria plum which are also fine. i fed both with bonemeal in the spring which hasn't been too wet (south west UK near Bristol)
does anyone have any ideas on what it could be?
--
mattster1

mattster1 wrote:

What is an 'apple and kiwi vine'? Are you talking about kiwi fruit ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwi_fruit
A liitle extra nitrogen on mature vines is probably not the cause of your problem.

This is only a guess but it sounds like a mineral deficiency that the kiwi is susceptible to that the others are not.
David

I suspect the OP might mean an apple tree and a kiwifruit vine.
FarmI;931011 Wrote: > "David Hare-Scott" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in message

Sorry yes i meant a kiwi vine and an apple tree. Is it possible that the dog has overloaded the soil with nitrogen and driven out nutriants? Any ideas what i can do to help or should i leave them and see if they recover?
--
mattster1

mattster1 wrote:

I doubt it, they dog would need huge capacity to overload two established trees. The fact that other plants in the area are doing fine says to me this is not the problem.
I stick to my previous guess of mineral deficiency.

Do a soil test!!!!!, it is 15$ or so here, The Shamanistas can conjure up all kinds of "theory" but come on, can they really tell what your soil conditons and the problem from your posting?
think that thru!
A soil test trumps organo feel good anytime!
its your soil!