Anyone tried Ropel?

Groundhog eating my tomatoes - and he just got one of my best ones (interestingly,he hasn't touched any of the tomatoes I was given for free, but only the ones I paid for!),
I have some Bitter Apple you spray around the home to keep indoor pets from chewing. I wonder if that might deter them too???
Any experience with these?
Thanks, Steve

The only cure for groundhogs is a dog or a 22.

I'm afraid my aim with a 22 would be more of a hazard to me than the GH. Got a dog, but they're inside dogs, so their being outside can miss the time my little tomato-eating friend is out there.
Thanks. Steve
Steve Latham wrote:

Ropel works on what the animal is chewing on so the item needs to be sprayed and I don't think I would take the chance the the "taste" would be taken into the plant/fruit of the tomato itself.
Lar
snipped-for-privacy@tx.rrbugs.com writes:

How would sprinkling cayenne pepper on them, or better yet, habanero, work?
When we had a dog eating eggs, we fixed some special eggs for him, filled them with a bit of cayenne pepper - cured him completely!
Glenna