Anyone ever use mushroom compost for tomatoes?

Excalibur said: (nothing beyond the subject)

I started one of my gardens with 7 yards of mushroom compost. I eventually found one horse shoe and numerous nails. Everything grew well. (I wish I had been able to start my current garden the same way.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

yeh wierd nothing in the text body, so here goes.

yes i use mushroom compost all the time fresh or decomposed matters not to me and yes i grow everything i need including tomatoes.

len

Reply to
len gardener

Reply to
RogueWave

Yes, Mushroom compost is an excellent addition for vegetable growing the Mycorrhizal activity allows the plant to extract nutrients from the soil more easily

Reply to
Conor Redmond