Anyone ever use mushroom compost for tomatoes?

Excalibur said: (nothing beyond the subject)
I started one of my gardens with 7 yards of mushroom compost. I eventually found one horse shoe and numerous nails. Everything grew well. (I wish I had been able to start my current garden the same way.)

yeh wierd nothing in the text body, so here goes.
yes i use mushroom compost all the time fresh or decomposed matters not to me and yes i grow everything i need including tomatoes.
len
--
happy gardening
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 04:36:15 +1000, len gardener

I've read that mushroom compost is heavy with salt content and must be used sparingly for that reason.
Yes, Mushroom compost is an excellent addition for vegetable growing the Mycorrhizal activity allows the plant to extract nutrients from the soil more easily
Cheers Conor http://www.gardennut.com