Anybody have a Troy-Bilt Pony tiller?

Hi I've just bought one with no manual and I want to change the gear oil. Is it just regular 90 wt or something more exotic. The tiller is 15-20 years old and has a 5 hp Briggs. Brian, in Cedar

I use 85- 140W gear oil available at any autoparts store..
il Sun, 09 May 2004 14:55:51 GMT, "Brian Barnson" ha scritto:

Look for a Briggs and Stratton manual. Libraries are full of manuals. Some manuals are even online now. (although that was Black and Dekka) I suspect it's not an outboard motor but see if you can identify the model first.
http://www.briggsandstratton.com/
Or buy one: http://www.asecc.com/manuals.html
--
Cheers,

My horse specifies straight 90 or 140-weight. Nothing goes very fast in there... Troy Bilt always used to guarantee a user's manual to any current owner; don't know if MTD (is it?) will continue that, but it's worth a try. For another poster: The engine book won't help; we're talking about the gearbox that powers wheels and tines. Ah for the days when I could just drive less than hour over to Troy and get parts off the shelf...
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at www.albany.net/~gwoods Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1420' elevation. NY WO G

I believe the manuals are online. I got one for my 6 HP Horse before I found the original. They used SAE 140 from the factory.
Thanks for the responses. The B&S engine is not a problem but I don't want to wreck a gearbox that they don't make anymore. I'm going to try to get a manual from MTD but I don't know how far back they go. BTW, MTD seems to stand for Modern Tool & Die. I converted a small patch of lawn yesterday and, while it's not a Horse, it gets the job done just fine. I want to change all the fluids and filters before I really get wailing. Brian, in Cedar