any hydro peeps here?

Page 3 of 5

Dang! We were hoping you didn't notice that!
I've got to go pull a bunch of Daikons that just love fall growing. First sample was 18" long by 5" max diameter. Has anybody shredded and fermented them a la kraut? And after a dismal summer, the fall greens are going great guns.
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 12:12:57 -0500, Gary Woods

Once, actually, from the recipe on this page: http://www.realitysandwich.com/fermenting_esoteric Skip through the nonsense to about the page middle.

Many thanks for this; I'll start a pilot run tonight. The rest of the stuff is interesting, since we went to a series of sessions taught by esoteric Gnostic types. Interesting stuff, but I'll stick to Paganism for now. Our Gods are more fun!
I used both daikon and garlic in a batch of kraut a couple of years ago. Very tasty in a kimchee sort of way. Steve

sometime in the recent past Gary Woods posted this:

Radishes, but I'm thinking they might be similar. Anyway, a fairly decent recipe and video found at http://tr.im/EC94 I used anchovies instead of oysters and Pak Choi that I grew. Better than commercial kimchi that I've bought before. Good luck.
--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3

I am amused that you search my postings to use as fuel for your "sophomoric" "rebuttals". Am I that dangerous that you and your handlers feel I, and those you proclaim "shaman", must be silenced? What is your agenda, g-man? For whom do you shill, eh? Still on the payroll?
To some, you may appear to be proficient at stringing together quotes and "research", and trying to associate and link things that you scarce understand........ but you may not be quite as good as you believe you are.....
How's this for ad hominem and to the point.....
Fsck off, both you, and your handlers. You bore me.
Charlie
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 18:38:44 -0600, Charlie wrote:

Oh get to the point, Charlie. ;-)
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 20:26:06 -0600, Charlie wrote:

Everything is just fine here, Charlie. We've just been busy as heck, hence the two day delay in answering you.
I'm becoming convinced that the Industrial Food lobby is paying visits to this group...I'm not paranoid, just getting very suspicious. They are not big fans of the truth as illustrated by the nixing of the Michael Pollan speech at Cal Poly. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/10/california-agribusiness-pressures-school-to-nix-michael-pollan-speech.html

Well, I'm not buying anymore Harris Ranch beef. What a jerk David E Wood is. If he had half a brain, he would have asked the college to schedule Gary Tauber, author of Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health, to present a strong argument for more meat (not produced as it currently is) and less carbs. (Amazon.com product link shortened) 62/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid57820438&sr=1-1 Then the students would have been exposed to 2 complimentary concepts of health. Babbit strickes again.
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:44:12 -0800, William Rose

Well, that's just the point. Stifling opposing views is hardly the way to gain share.

I've been following all this and take encouragement that Michael's message is being so well received that *they* are bringing out the hired guns.
Kinda sorta like we suspicion is happening here, a trend that I suspect is is happening across many internet forums. I look to see internet access severely curtailed in the not too distant future.
Free speech, dissent and *anti-establishment* rhetoric are being tolerated to a much smaller degree than one would like to imagine is possible in a supposedly free society.
On a positive note, my wife was at the bigbox and found plastic storage containers that were labeled BPA free. Likewise, we are seeing products labeled "contains no HFCS".
Charlie
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:15:18 -0600, Charlie wrote:

I don't remember, and this includes the Viet Nam era, such hostility, vitriol, and hatred for dissent. We were at a party the other night and I was called unAmerican by a woman because I said that "perhaps "to provide for the common good" includes health care". I'm going to have to reread Madison, apparently I've forgotten what being a Real American means...

Ain't that great?
Staying with the same MO, huh, billy?
yet ....STILL WITHOUT FACTS, just like the Ironite rants were. So far your posse has much the same MO also.
BTW You sure use a lot of aliases and give a lot of talk about handlers and propaganda, you learning all that from that little red book?

Great, would you like to tell us about "Ironite"? We can deal with politics later. For the time being, let's not go all over the lot, and just stick to gardening. Think you can do that, hmmm?
--
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.

You have this habit of constantly reinterpreting facts when your "research" gets exposed, billy. That seem to happen a lot!
Think you can work on keeping your stories factual? hmmmm?

Since you seem to be familiar with the Google Archives, and disagree with my characterization of Ironite, could you try to be specific in your criticism? If you just indulge yourself in character assassination without facts, you are just the sound of a barking dog. Go get 'em Fido.
--
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.

But stay off the lawn. http://www.epa.gov/NRMRL/lrpcd/wm/projects/135367.htm

Just skim your references do ya? Old and irrelevant news there slick. "Ironite, ONCE available at many lawn and garden stores, WAS a common fertilizer made from mine tailings".
Like little billy, you don't read your source material thoroughly either? Fairly common practice for those looking to shore up their argument with pseudo research. Little billy made.makes the same mistake as you just did except he denigrated folks for his faulty research. He seems to keep using his "facts" out of context a lot and it seems his tribe seem to follow closely. Try researching posting here from ~09-05-2008 on the Great billy Ironite rant. It is a pattern with the man.
The Iron King mine was placed on the Superfund list in 2005. The lawsuit that billy and others erroneously referenced was dismissed by a SF Judge, the Eco Lawyers got 150K money for their troubles and the company agreed to put "do not eat on the bag". The company was sold to Scotts early in 2006, and doesn't use the Iron King Mine tailings, good thing since they can't huh? In fact Today Ironite uses Jersey Greensand in one of its formula. These facts keep getting overlooked by you latrine lawyers in your zeal to pounce on anything you feel is counterindicated by your zealotry . WA State DOE as well as a few other States check fertilizer contents and have for a while.
Read your references thoroughly to keep your facts right Steve.

Let's just skip the diminutive name calling, OK? This is an exchange of ideas, not a school yard. Act your age, please.
>In fact Today Ironite uses Jersey Greensand in one of its formula.

Trace elements in soils and sediments have, for many years, been receiving attention of investigators in plant and animal nutrition. But, with increasing concerns for environmental quality, there is also now major attention given to trace elements from the standpoint of toxicity as well as deficiency. The former is especially true with the greensand deposits in New Jersey. Dooley (1998) made analyses of New Jersey greensands and, of 7 sites, he reported 7 to 31 ppm arsenic, 5 to 18 ppm beryllium, <0.2 to1.2 ppm cadmium, and 130 to 1000 ppm chromium among other elements present. In a subsequent publication, Dooley (2001) made an exhaustive report of trace element content of New Jersey greensands and soils. His report is the most definitive work to date concerning greensands throughout the State. Some of the high values of elements in New Jersey such as arsenic may be in part from past agricultural practices. Schnepfe, May and Naeser (1964) reported that glauconite serves as a scavenger matrix for nuclear waste products such as cesium and strontium. Kabota-Pendias and Pendias (1984) state that the critical quantity of arsenic in soils is in the 20 to 50 ppm range. Dooley (1998) reported 7.1 to 31 ppm arsenic in the greensands of New Jersey.
Publication Number:     E279 Author(s):     John Tedrow Publisher:     Rutgers NJAES Cooperative Extension

I'm doing my best.

I'm trying to figure out why he couldn't just say the company was sold in 2006, and the product was reformulated, and give a cite.