Ants On My Mango Seedling!

I successfully started a mango from seed about 5 and 1/2 months again
The seedling looks great. It survived transplant without shock and ha finally started to grow again after 2 months of stunting due to lack o light. It was only about 2 days ago that I saw ants swarming on th leaves. I quickly removed them and set up a barrier with tape. But th ants are persistent, still finding away around the barrier. The ant don't appear to be doing any damage but I would like to know why thi happening and if it could be a problem.
P.S. The ants also took a liking to my peppers because I also have a aphid/whitefly problem. The ants are attracted to the sap
-- Hunter77
Hunter77 wrote:

The ants are farming too. They harvest aphid, um, secretions which will attract fungus as well as the aphids hurting the plant. Treat both.
John!