Ants

I have ants all over my squash. I have tried Seven Dust but it doesn't seem to be working? Can I use real killer stuff and still eat the squash or should I just ignore them? They are fire ants so weeding is an issue. MJ
In article

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbaryl
Risk Carbaryl kills both targeted (e.g. malaria-carrying mosquitos) and beneficial insects (e.g. honeybees), as well as crustaceans.
Although approved for more than 100 crops in the US, carbaryl is illegal in several countries, including the United Kingdom, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, and Angola.[3]
Carbaryl is often produced using methyl isocyanate (MIC) as an intermediary. A leak of MIC used in the production of carbaryl caused the Bhopal disaster, the largest industrial accident in history. This accident caused around 11,000 deaths and over 500,000 injuries. Safety
Carbaryl is a cholinesterase inhibitor and is toxic to humans. It is classified as a likely human carcinogen by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA.)[4] -----
Personally, I wouldn't eat your squash. Notice also that you have killed pollinators, which are responsible for a third of the food that we eat.
Try some sugar + boric acid instead.
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?
Billy wrote:

Or perhaps some diatomaceous earth and powdered sugar ... with or without the boric acid . I need to sprinkle a little DE around my garden soon , last year I lost all my zucchini's to squash borers . Of course that means I'll have to set up some drip hoses instead of spraying the water from my hose attachment .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

<http://tipnut.com/ant-killer/ Homemade Ant Bait Recipes 2 cups Sugar 1 cup Water 2 TBS Boric Acid (Borax) Mix and place in small saucers