Am I a cauliflower??

Hello

I had some mysterious plants left over at the end of last year that had never done anything - I was fairly sure they were cauliflowers. They never came to a head but stayed resolutely alive thorughout the winter. They're now starting to flower, and I wondered if they are indeed cauliflowers? It's the first time I've tried to grow them, but I'm guessing that they never formed a head and have simply flowered now that it's spring? Assuming I'll not get any veg out of them now....

Any advice appreciated

Boog

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: photo.jpg | |Download:
boogaloo

Does it look like the blooming cauliflower in this video?

Natural Girl

You are a brassica but probably not a cauliflower. Just which brassica is hard to say, cabbages will send up a flower spike like that as do brocoli and many others, including hybrids.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Thanks for the replies... Take it that because it's flowering it's beyond producing anything edible? I did wonder if it was a cabbage. If a cabbage has flowered like that is it past the point where it would create a head?

boogaloo

Yes, that flower stalk would emerge from the centre of the cabbage, bursting through the head if their is one. Normally this is not seen as we cut the heads before they get that far.

David Hare-Scott