almost too embarrassed to ask this question...

But I won't know the answer, until I ask...
I planted some brussel sprouts and the plant is about 18 inches tall now, but I can't figure out where the "sprouts" come from. Can someone please tell me where I can expect these things to sprout from?
Thanks, Brigitte
http://www.uga.edu/vegetable/brusselsprouts.html Go about half way down the page for a good pic of them on the stem.
Another good pic at http://www.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/pr/garten/schau/vargemmifera/Br_Sprout.html
Grandpa
Brigitte J. wrote:

Save the stalks! They make the best back scratchers. Seriously. Dave