All my beets

I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring

decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 1 varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all m beets'

had borscht yesterday. Delicoius

-- Potager

Reply to
Potager

Thank you for *all* those lovely photographs. Quite a collection.

What camera are you using?

Boron

Reply to
Boron Elgar

Wow! That would be a heavenly harvest indeed! How many of each did you plant and were there any outstanding favorites that will make you commit a larger portion of your plot towards next year?

Roasted beets are divine, too.

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

Wild and wicked artistic pic.

Well done!

Reply to
Omelet

Very nice. how about some tasting notes on the various cultivars?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

How much can I harvest my beet greens without affecting the bulbs?

Reply to
doofy

I like the greens more than the beets too, so I'd be interested in this as well.

I was pleased to see Beets with Greens for sale at Wal-mart this morning. But, they were WAY too expensive! About $1.00 per beet so I gave them a pass.

Reply to
Omelet

SNUGASABUGXXX;754552]They look brilliant! Beetroot is one of m

favourite vegetables - i only wish they weren't so messy to prepare!

wow your beets are great. i didnt realize that there were so man different varieties. ill have to look and see what i can find to try this comin year in our raised garden boxes. thanks for sharing your great beets with u :). cyaaaaaaaa, sockiescat :)

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

wow they are really great. we planted some this year for the first tim

they gave nothing just a very tiny stringy long thing. i'll try agai next year. did you add any extra compost or something or just plan straight into the ground so i know what to do next year

-- globalart4u

Reply to
globalart4u