All my beets

I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 1 varieties, and they all produced.
Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all m beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw ).
We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius
-- Potager
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:58:09 +0100, Potager

Thank you for *all* those lovely photographs. Quite a collection.
What camera are you using?
Boron

Wow! That would be a heavenly harvest indeed! How many of each did you plant and were there any outstanding favorites that will make you commit a larger portion of your plot towards next year?
Roasted beets are divine, too.
The Ranger

Wild and wicked artistic pic.
Well done! <applause>
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

Very nice. how about some tasting notes on the various cultivars?
David
Potager wrote:

How much can I harvest my beet greens without affecting the bulbs?

<lol> I like the greens more than the beets too, so I'd be interested in this as well.
I was pleased to see Beets with Greens for sale at Wal-mart this morning. But, they were WAY too expensive! About $1.00 per beet so I gave them a pass.
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.
SNUGASABUGXXX;754552]They look brilliant! Beetroot is one of m
favourite vegetables - i only wish they weren't so messy to prepare!
wow your beets are great. i didnt realize that there were so man different varieties. ill have to look and see what i can find to try this comin year in our raised garden boxes. thanks for sharing your great beets with u :). cyaaaaaaaa, sockiescat :)
-- sockiescat
wow they are really great. we planted some this year for the first tim
they gave nothing just a very tiny stringy long thing. i'll try agai next year. did you add any extra compost or something or just plan straight into the ground so i know what to do next year
-- globalart4u