Aggressive strawberry runners

New bed of strawberries - planted 2+ months ago - just starting to bear - putting out quantities of "aggressive" runners. Bed is very small; no place to root runners.
Should I:
1. Cut them off and replant elsewhere? If so, can I plant
(a) between roses - yes, there is room
(b) between veggies - if so, which to avoid?
2. Enlarge bed - terrible nuisance, have to dig up horrible lawn and enrich - big job.
3. Cut off and discard.
Help..they're about to come in through my window <g>
This is So. Calif Coastal.
TIA
Persephone
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

Give them away to neighbors & folks in your garden club or toss them in the compost.
Gardening is supposed to be relaxing. Chill.
Jan
--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.

I just ignored them. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
I have been thinking of putting in a new strawberry patch. Mine is good it just doesn't give enough. They never make it in the house I eat them. So I need to put in way more. I was scoping out a flower bed that would look better with strawberries.