Advice with growing herbs

Hi all
Can anyone give some advice on growing herbs, in particular basin and coriander. I have been trying to grow them on a windowsil for ages and i just seem to get a few spindally sprigs that aren't really much use. I can't seem to get the plants to develop and last for any length of time.
Does anyone have any good advice on getting a good windowsil herb garden
Thanks
--
Duncan Munday

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:38:43 +0000, Duncan Munday

Coriander is notorious for bolting- that is, flowering and going to seed quickly, although there are some varieties that are slower to do so.
Basil should grow like a weed with good soil, light and moderate water.
Since you reference "spindly," I'd say your plants are not getting enough light. How many hours of direct sunlight a day are they receiving?
Boron

Lots of warm sun for basil. Grows best in pots for me.
Coriander/cilantro is a bi-annual and grows best for me in full sun in the summer and fall. Seems like it always bolts and goes to seed in the spring. Coriander grows wild over a wide area of the Near East and southern Europe.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True