actual data from NOAA

since the topic came up i noticed this excellent article:
http://permaculturenews.org/2014/07/11/designer-resource-finding-long-term-climate-data-in-the-us-using-noaa/
please do not followup with more BS about what is going on, but if you have comments about the article and information and if it is useful to you i would be glad to see those.
songbird

I haven't waded through yet, but wanted to point out that that highlighted link has changed (at least for me) from "Climate Information" to "Local Climate."
Thanks, by the way. I've been wanting to find a source for YTD rainfall. I'm guessing degree-days will be in there somewhere as well.
--
Drew Lawson

I only came in search of answers, never planned to sell my soul
Drew Lawson wrote:

ah, thank you for the correction. someone else will likely point that out on the site before i can get back to it.

y.w. i was looking for degree days too, but my time is up for the moment on looking further.
have to get under the house to fix the dryer vent and change the air filter for the furnace and then get back to the gardens for weeding if the rains will hold off.
songbird
songbird said:

http://enviroweather.msu.edu/homeMap.php
<quote> About Us Our Mission
To develop and deliver a sustainable weather-based information system that helps users make pest, plant production, and natural resource management decisions in Michigan. </quote> Info available for various weather stations around the state:
Weather observations and summaries
Overnight temperatures/ hours below freezing Rainfall comparisons for Region Temperature, rainfall and degree-day summary Rainfall comparisons last 5 years at this station Soil conditions More weather for this station
Degree-day tools
Current degree day maps Degree Day accumulations for Region Degree Day accumulations for Region (alfalfa and corn development) Average degree day summary Degree day comparisons: Compare 2 sensors Degree day comparisons: last 5 years at this station Degree day comparisons: last 5 years at this station (alfalfa and corn development) Temperature, rainfall and degree-day summary
Water-use tools
Irrigation scheduling Excel Workbook Irrigation Scheduling online Potential Evapotranspiration
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."