About using old venetian blinds as plant markers

Organic Gardening magazine states that as these mini blinds age they produce a lead powder as a result of sun exposure.
I can't and won't comment on the veracity of the statement, but I thought it important to share.

Several years ago, probably more than I realize, this came out and "supposedly" the formulation was changed.
Country of origin was China. Likely still is. So.........point taken.
Thanks Charlie

As I understand it, some vinyl mini-blinds used to contain some lead, used to stabilize the vinyl. I don't believe there was ever any problem with mini blinds made with aluminum slats.
Ross.