About the Dog

Dogs are a pain for gardeners if for no other reason than just running through them. Seems my cat can walk in the gardens all day and not bend over a single plant but the dog can do alot of damage in just a few seconds. A single shot in the but with a cheap BB gun or an air gun with only one or two pumps of air will keep it out for a long time and wont bring the judge's wrath either.

Reply to
ThisJobs4Me

Simple solution. Build a fence and don't hurt the animals. Would you like it if someone shot you?

Charlie.

Reply to
Charlie

My dog keeps the moose out of the garden. I don't begrudge her the occasional plant that she steps on. She's a bounder (a big Boxer) and normally clears the garden in one leap. She _has_ learned that I don't holler or say bad words when she walks on the garden paths though.

My cat leaves tootsie rolls, but only in the flower garden.

Now the mule who rolled in the middle of the freshly tilled garden got tied up!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

_____________________ /| /| | | ||__|| | Please do not | / O O\__ | feed the | / \ | Trolls | / \ \|_____________________| / _ \ \ || / |\____\ \ || / | | | |\____/ || / \|_|_|/ | _|| / / \ |____| || / | | | --| | | | |____ --| * _ | |_|_|_| | \-/ *-- _--\ _ \ | || / _ \\ | / ` * / \_ /- | | | * ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Reply to
Pat Meadows

The message from Pat Meadows contains these words:

So good I`m going to save it!

Reply to
Christopher Norton

Oops. I didn't know...

Reply to
Jan Flora

'S ok. I don't KNOW he's a troll either but my built-in troll alarm was sounding.... beep beep beep .... pretty loud and clear.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows

OK, I won't. But I just got back fropm vacation and was mightily tempted to point out to "Charlie" that when I was young, rock salt in a 12 gauge was used on dogs and vandals with equal ease (and results).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Be my guest!

I, of course, stole it from someone else, who probably stole it from someone else....and it's turtles all the way down!

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows

oh, i must borrow this? may i use it?

-- read and post daily, it works! rosie

Instead of seeing things as imagined, learn to see them as they are. When you can see everything as it is, you will also see yourself as you are. .....................Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Reply to
rosie readandpost

Sure, why not? I 'borrowed' it from someone.... More warriors in The Good Fight (against trolls and spammers) are always welcome.

I note that the message can be changed to say something about spammers, when appropriate...

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows

Despite the troll accusation, this is actually what I did the first coupla times I saw it. It worked for a while. Now the dog is back and the BB gun is broken. I've decided that I'm just going to rope the dog, take it back, and tie it to their front porch. Hopefully that'll send the message.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McMichael