A Zucchini!

Can't you tell I just picked my first zucchini. Two cucumbers yesterday. Tomatoes are starting to ripen.
I am at the "O boy another." Probably won't be long before I start the "O drat, what I am going to do with another dozen."
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

I'm only a half step ahead of my summer squash, and there are others that haven't started production yet:o( My insides thank me for it though. Tonight, they are going to have to share the plate with beet greens, boiled potato, and chicken schnitzel.
I like summer squash as a contrast for the more flavorful items in a meal. Last night we had them sauteed, and served with basil pesto. The muted flavors of the squash, seemed to enhance the flavors of the pesto.
When you get tired of them slathered in olive oil, barbecued, and severed with parmesan, or sauteed with shallots and parsley, you might try
Summer Squash
* 2-4 small summer squash * 1/2 tsp. dill * 1 tsp. lemon juice * 1/2 tsp. parsley * 1 (smallish) clove garlic * 1/4 cup chopped onion * olive oil (to coat pan) * salt and pepper to taste * 3/4 to 1 tsp. horseradish mustard * pinch of curry powder
Coat a pan or skillet with olive oil. Add onion and garlic, cook for about a minute, then add thinly sliced squash. Add the lemon juice, dill, parsley, salt, pepper, mustard, and a little curry powder. Sautee until the squash is tender, stirring often.
--
- Billy