A Small Celebration

The "cannibalistic" nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) with which I inoculated the garden in November seem to be doing their duty: The wintertime collards that I pulled yesterday to make room for more okra showed no sign of root knot. Root knot nematodes are a chronic and persistent problem in this sandy Florida soil and mild winters. Of course the real test will be whether the okra and eggplants (aubergine) continue to thrive. So far, the first planting of okra is looking good and the eggplants have just begun bearing. They, as well as all of the peppers --also bearing -- appear healthy. It's very very early but I'm optimistic.

Reply to
Derald