A Newcomer's Whine/Whinge

Good idea, no reason for it to be temporary as the cast changes over time.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Yo, Brits: Did I spell "whinge" correctly? At any rate, at least temporarily, could we append our approximate geographic locations or USDA climate zones to posts so that those who consider such can get a handle on where on the planet others are gardening? TIA; I'll start:

Reply to
Balvenieman

I usually try to mention southern Utah, or at the very least my zone. I agree it's a little frustrating when you are trying to help someone but know know anything about their environment!

--S.

Reply to
Suzanne D.

Well? Are you actually in Germany?

Reply to
Balvenieman

I like the idea. It is hard to help people when you do not know where they live/garden.

Let's see if the sig line works right since I have it set up for only this newsgroup.

-- USA North Carolina Foothills USDA Zone 7a

Reply to
The Cook

Sorry, wrong word; how about "include" or "subtend"....

Reply to
Balvenieman

No, it didn't ;-) If you insert a space following the two hyphens in the delimiter, it will. I like your format better; think I'll go change mine.

Reply to
Balvenieman

No, Australia around zone 9b. I add this sort of information in context not being able to do it automatically for this NG.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott