A little help please :)

Hi, i have just started growing my own food, i have built a 'patch' in my garden out of fibreglass to grow veg and fruit.
I have planted my seeds but i think i have done it wrong, what i done was put a few seeds in the ground each time and spaced them about, After i done this i was told that you put one seed in the ground not a few like i done.
Will the seeds still grow and give me veg or have i wasted the best part of my easter holidays on this project?
Thanks in advance Gordon.
--
New2thegame

You done good, Gordon. Gordon, good gardener. The seeds don't give you 100% germination, so it's good to plant 2 - 3 in the same spot, so that you don't have gaps of blank soil in your garden.
--

- Billy
damian;839790 Wrote: > It is better to plant more seeds as stated above . I always do this when > gardening as you have a better chance of a better crop

New2thegame wrote:

an inch high. Then, thin them out to a single plant, saving the most promising one. It's ok to plant the seeds thickly, especially if they are from past seasons. You do have to be willing to thin them out.
Sherwin