A little help please :)

Hi, i have just started growing my own food, i have built a 'patch' in my garden out of fibreglass to grow veg and fruit.

I have planted my seeds but i think i have done it wrong, what i done was put a few seeds in the ground each time and spaced them about, After i done this i was told that you put one seed in the ground not a few like i done.

Will the seeds still grow and give me veg or have i wasted the best part of my easter holidays on this project?

Thanks in advance Gordon.

Reply to
New2thegame

You done good, Gordon. Gordon, good gardener. The seeds don't give you

100% germination, so it's good to plant 2 - 3 in the same spot, so that you don't have gaps of blank soil in your garden.
Reply to
Billy

What you should do is wait until the seed germinate and get around an inch high. Then, thin them out to a single plant, saving the most promising one. It's ok to plant the seeds thickly, especially if they are from past seasons. You do have to be willing to thin them out.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwin dubren

Thanks for the help guys, More is always welcome as im just learning and id like to where ive gone wrong or right, once again thank you, Gordon.

Reply to
New2thegame