Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

BC Bud
CAn anybody tell me just how much sunlight and other secrets it takes to grow BC bud quality marijuana?
5
5

Why is this corn still green?
Someone in the neighborhood puts out corn for some critters and the squirrels carefully buried it all over the place. This year, lots of that corn sprouted and some of the neighbors allowed some of it...
1
1

Which Green Manure
Hi I am looking at overwintering my plots with a green manure. I tried this a couple of years ago. I found however that when it came to digging it into the soil it was very difficult, and it kept...
2
2

No hijacks here ........... bug repellent
In another thread, there's mention of making a hot pepper insecticide. Since it wouldn't kill the insects, but just get them to leave the plant alone, does that make it an insecticide which "cide"...
10
10

Hot Pepper Insecticide
Does anyone have the instructions for making the stuff. Right now I have couple of cups of Jalapeno tops, seeds and some membranes and it just occurred to me that they could be turned into an...
7
7

peppers
hello,everybody.i usually get a very good crop of various peppers/chillies but this year some of my crop have gone leathery,why?has the weather caused this?.cheers,lee
1
1

Hybrid pear and kiwi?
Friend saw a man selling what she thought were "baby" kiwis at a local farmers market. He said they were a cross between a kiwi and a pear. She said it tasted fine and had qualities of both fruits,...
3
3

Find a pick your own farm near you.
Pick your own Farms in the U.S, Canada, Britain and other countries - Find a farm near you, and learn how to freeze or make home canned fruits and vegetables, jam, salsa and more
3
3

Coffee grounds ?
I've been doing some work for a local coffee shop , and have been offered as much used coffee grounds as I'd care to drag home ...I've read somewhere that they make excellent worm food and can be used...
16
16

Courgette Rot
This year I had massive issues with rot on the end of my courgette & at the base of the plants I had it on all 5 plants & then on my squash. Any idea what it could be & will it affect me next year....
18
18

Indoor 'gardening' Q: how2spread soil in flats, well, flat? how to spread damp seed well?
I hope group doesn't mind a question about indoor gardening in flats ... I know this might sound silly but in last year I've been growing sprouts in flats with soil (wheatgrass, pea shoots, sunflower...
4
4

Such a special pepper
Was recently twigged to these peppers and once you view them you will probably laugh as much as me and see the humor potential like I did, but they are way too expensive and I was hoping that someone...
6
6

Pluot trees
I'm new to growing fruit trees and as much as I've searched, I can't find an easy to understand description of the life/season cycle of my pluots and cherries. I just want to know when to expect the...
8
8

Disneyland of fruits: Firm creates new varieties the old-fashioned way
By Anne Gonzales Bee Correspondent Published: Sunday, Oct. 9, 2011 - 12:00 am | Page 1D Last Modified: Sunday, Oct. 9, 2011 - 11:15 am The makeshift tram came to a halt in the orchard, the visitors...
3
3

Cucumbers
My fall planting is doing well but I have white flowers as well as yellow ones on the same plant. I have never seen this before, any ideas? MJ
4
4