Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bok choy seeding
My bok choy has bolted and is now forming seed pods . Anybody have experience with when to harvest them ? Any dishes that use the pods/seeds ?
3
3

Curly Leaf lettuce Harvest
How do I harvest this stuff? Peel off the leaves or just cut it to the ground? MJ
9
9

It's songbird's fault
Heh. Songbird suggested this group might be of interest so here I am. :) I've been reading for awhile and finally got a chance to post. Short intro: dear husband and I are in zone 7b/8a (depending on...
37
37

Blackberry update
The berry patch looks like a a snowdrift ... They're blooming like mad , and they're loaded with fruit . It looks like clumping them is going to make it a lot easier to harvest them . Actually , it's...
5
5

strawberries flowering away
looks great out there with many thousand strawberry blooms in various patches around the yard. i was wondering if the oldest strawberry patch would have much going on this year as it has been mostly...
2
2

Trucker's favorite corn
Someone here mentioned that he/she was looking for this corn. I saw the seed yesterday at my local garden supply. It was packed by Wetsel (since 1921)inc. PO Box 791 Harrisonburg, VA 22803-0791. I'll...

Repelling ...
Critters , that is . Today I mixed up 4 eggs , 1 cup dry milk , some cayenne pepper juice I made . and water to make 2 gallons . Sprayed some on all my trees and most of the garden vegetation . My...

ratcoon
Keeping in standards for naming the garden pests. On my deck after sunset. I've got a lot of small plants and seedlings out. Opened slider to yell at him and all he did was move to the side. Went in...
12
12

Forest Rats Strike !
While sippin' my second cuppa this morning my wife started hollering for me to come to the kitchen . She points out the window and it takes me a second to realize there's a whitetail doe munching on...
9
9

Strange bugs on Blackcurrants
We have some wierd things living on one of our blackcurrant bushes! I have enclosed the only pjhoto I could find of it on the web, but it had no discription, so am still in the dark. It looks abit...
3
3

Well , if it ever ...
quits raining and warms up , maybe my garden would take off ! I guess I shouldn't complain , we've started harvesting some lettuce and bok choy . The tomatoes have recovered from the freeze that hit...
3
3

My first attempt at grafting
There was a wild apple tree in my back yard that the electric company cut down. They would have just trimmed it away, but I saw the guys out there and told them that it didn't make edible apples, so...
4
4

Do groundhogs eat pumpkin vines?
I have to downsize the garden this year and thought about putting in pumpkins to take up some space. I live next to a railroad track which is a groundhog highway. There's always another one and being...
3
3

Bugs ...
OK , today I found a small black bug on my decimated eggplants . About maybe 3mm long , and several on most leaves - except the one where the spider has set up shop . Also found a Colorado potato...
5
5

What's eating my garden???
I found several small holes in my strawberry leaves. Upon further investigation, I found these creatures on the bottom of the leaves, curled up. They are very small, 3-4 mm maybe. Yellowish-green body...
5
5