Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Squash stem root rot
sucks . There is apparently no cure , just yank 'em and toss 'em in the fire . Lost a zuke , a cuke , and maybe another cucumber and one of my straight neck squashes . And my tomatoes have aphids ....
3
3

Pointy Cucumbers
What is causing this? MJ
2
2

Pest ID help
While checking things out in the garden yesterday , I found 2 kinds of bugs on some of my tomato leaves . The small pear-shaped green ones are aphids , but I can't find any info on the other one . At...
8
8

Aaaghhhhh , wilting zucchini
I was just out on a random check of the garden , found one of my zukes in a very wilted condition ... no frass near the stem , plus I've been watching for borer eggs . Digging along the root , I found...
2
2

Blueberries
Does anyone here grow blueberries? If so, what sort of conditions do they like please?
8
8

Friday the 13th!
Well, the "13th" started on the 11th and :-/ Phones for about half our street went out on the 11th and weren't restored until this afternoon. Then, the power went out suddenly this morning even though...
24
24

wild winds
a few days ago, could have been a tornado skipping over, but others just say strong winds, all i know is that it's not every day you look out and realize the neighbor's garage is gone. i've been...
46
46

3rd time charm ?
Well , maybe this time my anaheim chilli peppers will actually germinate . Twice before I've planted , and twice planting has been followed by unseasonably cold and wet weather . Everything else is...
2
2

Wondering about Wilt
I have 6 - 4' x 12' x 12" raised gardens. Last year, did fab. This year, we've had crazy weather (freezing cold well into April) and had to replace plants twice due to frost burn. So, the garden is a...
3
3

Damsons deformed
I have a 5 year old merryweather damson tree. Last year it suffered from leaf curl on parts, but mostly on the top, which I put down to a very wet spring and summer. The fruit was fine. I treated the...

Not a good year so far
I have had a hard time with peppers that are now finally starting to take o ff. Now the zucchini and yellow squash is turning yellow and the fruit are shriveling up and dying. Plenty of sun, water,...
13
13

Another harvest
This morning we harvested a bucket of yellow squash, cucumbers, sweet chiles, and carrots. Not a huge amount but more than we can eat and don't have a need to preserve. So the descendants got emails...
1
1

Berry Pickin'!
Yay! The dewberries started getting ripe right after the first of the rains last week. We've been able to pick some for several days and most of them were plump little guys. If the rain keeps up,...
7
7

New album
I just posted some photos on my photobucket doodaddy . These are of the wild fruit growing out in the woods , plus a couple of shots of my garden . For scale , the tomato cages are 5 feet tall . The...

I cut the Lettuce.......
And it is really bitter.Why? Somehow I found the seed package and it is "Gr and Rapids" if that has anything to do with it? I tried leaves from both th e top and the bottom with the same results. If...
2
2