Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Pomegranate trees
When we moved into our house in inland San Diego our pomegranate tree bore hundreds of pomegranates for us. Now it is fairly sparse. Do we need to prune regularly? How much water should we give it?...

Another blackberry delight
The wife just made me a pie , used fresh berries , whipped topping , and cream cheese , I think . Pissed me off , she licked the mix bowl and barely left me a taste . Now I have to wait for the pie to...
1
1

Harvesting Potatoes, Sweet and Regular
We grow some potatoes in the garden every year and every year I harvest the m the same way. I start at the edge of the bed and put the pitchfork down a bout 3-4 inches, then I flip up the dirt in...
10
10

alternative methods
i enjoyed this update on Masanobu Fukuoka's methods: note that the Larry Korn who is replying in the comments was a frequent visitor to the farm and a translator of his books from Japanese... wish i...
2
2

actual data from NOAA
since the topic came up i noticed this excellent article: please do not followup with more BS about what is going on, but if you have comments about the article and information and if it is useful to...
3
3

A Berry Fruitful Morning
Another gallon of blackberries in the freezer , and I only lost a couple ounces of blood and gained a handful of chigger bites ... What I expected to be an hour and 3 pints or so turned into 3.5 hours...
4
4

Another Idea
Under the creed of Never Give Up, here is my idea. I also lost 2 of my Hybr id Roses in the Rose Garden this year. (edible group so I didn't mention th em. SO I think in their space I am going to...
1
1

anyone heard from Billy lately?
sent him a note some time ago and all is still quiet, i know he said they might be moving, but it would be nice to hear if someone knows what's up. this address is workable for e-mail... songbird
7
7

Life is Good
Today we made 9 1/2 pint jars of blackberry jam from berries picked on our land , and canned 4 quarts of home grown green beans . And for dinner we had spaghetti made in part from our tomatoes and...
12
12

Mixed Emotons
Derald wrote:
5
5

It's Official
This is the worst gardening year I have ever had. The peppers have been a d isaster since I started them in January, the voles were a huge problem earl y on, it stayed cold forever and then it...
9
9

Tomatoe blight
No tomatoes this year :( Wiped out the cherry tomato plants and the larger varieties aren't producing much of anything. Two different nurseries and the same results. Looking it up on the net evidently...
4
4

The Harvest Begins
Just out checkin' the garden today , and we have green beans ready to pick . I've already picked a nice zucchini and one summer squash , the green onions are ready , and this morning I picked a quart...
4
4

Surprise !!!!
I have been out of commission with a twisted knee so my gardening has taken a back seat for about 3 weeks now. Feeling a little better, I went out thi s morning just to poke and scope and much to my...
1
1

Mushroom ID
I have found a patch of what I believe to be chanterelle mushrooms . Does anyone here have the knowledge to help me ID these ? I will post photos of both the 'shrooms where they're growing and the one...
20
20