Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

All dead , all dead ...
Well , except for the lettuce and spinach , they just keep hangin' in there - the strawberries have finally decided to go to sleep , leaves are turning red and falling now . Time to start planning for...
7
7

Debugging a transplanted rosemary plant?
My wife decided to try bringing one of our herb plants indoors for the winter, simply digging it up and transplanting it into a pot. Since then we've had a minor plague of small gnat-like bugs in the...
4
4

First Catalog
This one is from Pinetree. They have some really neat things but I don't think I will be needing more seeds this year. First job is to see what I have and decide if I want anything new. Right now I am...
1
1

Hardy !
We've had temps as low as 8? F here ... I was out by the garden today bringing in some firewood , and noticed the bok choi , spinach , and lettuce all still have green leaves - as do the strawberries...
4
4

Odd Citrus Splitting
Hi, So Cal high desert area questioning. What could be the cause of one of three different citrus trees giving fruits that near to completely split o pen early in ripening? The one "splitter" in an...
3
3

Winterizing Figs
I have seen a number of discussions regarding the traditional wrapping of f ig plants in northern areas. Apparently the goal is to minimize rapid freez ing and thawing and to keep the plant dry. I...

cutting grape tomato

Now I need a plow ...
A few weeks ago my wife asked me if I was still looking for a mower , she saw an ad online ... I am now the owner of John Deere model 317 yard/garden tractor with hydraulics . The front blade has...
6
6

Beware of Planted Gifts
A neighbor of mine had some lettuce, cabbage and broccoli started and didn' t want to bother with them this fall/winter so she asked if I wanted them. Sure I said. It had been about a month when I...
6
6

Ewww !
My tomatoes have gone all wilty , and they did it overnight ! Yesterday they were pretty and green , today they're all wilty and starting to turn dark . Peppers too , but the lettuce , spinach , and...
8
8

OT Begonias OT
Does anybody here cultivate them ? We have 2 planter boxes with 3 nice plants in each . I read yesterday that they're considered perennials , and I'd like to try to keep these alive ... If I had...
3
3

Tomatoes with sprouting seeds inside.
In the seven decades that I've been eating tomatoes, this is the first time that I have seen so many store bought tomatoes with sprouting seeds inside them. What gives? Do these new varieties bred to...
6
6

diggin in the dirt
taking apart an iris garden, getting some of the sow thistle out of there, in mostly clay and somewhat of a low spot of course... most of the irises will be moved to a new place that has sandy loam,...
1
1

Garden Forums
Are any of you participants in any of the gardening forums? Recommendations? MJ

Until it freezes ...
We'll be eating salads that are at least in part from our garden . Bok Choy is just freakin' out , lettuce is doing OK and the spinach is lagging ... but we've still got lots of green onions in the...
1
1