Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Best Plants to attract bees.
Have setup an artificial bee-hive. What plants are suggested to attract bees? Brian
5
5

Capsicum - Scotch Bonnet Advice
First time I have attempted to grow Scotch bonnets. A little concerned they are growing too slowly and will not mature. Are they best kept in greenhouse or should I harden them off outside??? Summer...
1
1

Chilli's
Have too many Anaheim plants, about 20 too many. They will be a decent size in 3 to 4 weeks. If anyone is interested I'm in Guildford, Surrey. Rather give them away than throw away. Brian
4
4

Crow resistant barrier fabric?
I don't know if the crows like the threads for making nests or what, but they seem responsible for greatly shortening the useful life of our row covers. Is there any that either avoid attracting or...

Broccolli flowers
Well for some reason all my plants went from 1" heads right to flowers, question: Are the stalks and flowers (yellow things) edible? Leaves are shot, but I have long stems and yellow flowers.
13
13

Can I dig pine bark into my garden?
Hi All, One of my garden plots has visqueen over it and seven holes that I grow stuff through. The visqueen has pine bark as cover over it. If I decide to recover the entire area and remove the...
4
4

Fabric Barrier and chemicals
Hi All, I have to get rid of my lawn (water meters). I was going to put down a 20 year fabric barrier and then rocks on top. I grow food in two organic plots next to my lawn. Will there be a chemical...
5
5

Did anyone else see "Garfield" today
Seems to be very fitting here in the southeast US.

Does Sodium Laureth Sulfate hurt edible plants?
Hi All, I have to get rid of my back lawn (water meters). I typically drip drain my swamp (evaporative) cooler on to my lawn in any spot that need more water. I use Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Safe...
4
4

What Happened to Spring?
It was down to 31°F last night and 26°F predicted for tonight. I covered my onions and spinach with 2 layers of row cover. Took it off today so they don't cook. Back on tonight. I found some...
3
3

Vermicomposting - Plans for a better Worm Bin
Greetings and Salutations: FYI. As I am sure you know, you can use your kitchen scraps to make fertilizer for your garden / plants / etc. It also helps reduce the amount of garbage in our garbage...

Trying to catch up
Things are going very slowly this year. Partly the weather and partly my back. I think some old seeds may be part of the problem. I started onion and spinach seeds in the middle of January. Just got...
5
5

'Mater seedlings
Some of mine (mortgage lifters) have leaves that are kinda yellowish . These were planted late Jan , moved from starter cells into 4" round pots a month or so ago . Last frost is still 3-4 weeks away...
10
10

Re: [OT] PING Oz
Find out when daylight saving begins and ends in Victoria so you can open and close your business at the right time.
3
3

Plum and apple trees
While checking out the backyard for the area for this years garden I noticed my plum tree in full bloom, flowers almost everywhere, I planted the tree last year same with one apple. Now the question....
6
6