Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2015 rainfall
Just looked it up on Weather site, Harris Cty, TX, includes Houston and us: 70.5 inches of rain this past year. I remember one in, I think June, where there was 12 inches of rain in two days, several...

speed queen loud and leaking: new or repair
Hi All, Speedqueen AWS44NW top loading washer. Spin is very, very loud. And it is leaking: Over here I have found: Well, the only time the washer (speedqueen) is noisy on spin is if one or both the...
9
9

Ruth Stout , here I come
I have her book somewhere , but remember the basics . Next summer I will be embarking on a no-till project I do this partly because the soil is poor and partly because I'm on a slope . I have figured...
27
27

OT - UFO
the sun is out! but that also means in mid-winter that the nights are going to be colder too! still nice to see some sunshine to start the new year. :) songbird
3
3

pepper types
Are paprika peppers, pimentos, and "cheese peppers" all the same thing?
1
1

New found respect for growing your own vegetables
Wife laid up with knee replacement has had me doing all the shopping for food. Cabbage at 98 cents a pound seemed outrageous. I mentioned it to clerk and he said that is one of the cheap vegetables....
2
2

i'd like nothing too crazy this season
whirled peas? happy you know what's from: songbird (Ma, and the wormies too!

wormie surprise
stories from the odd person keeping worms and generally having fun learning things and goofing around with dirt, worms, rotting, etc. i started two more buckets a few months ago as some friends really...

yay California!
finally getting some decent rains and seeing some positive inflows into the reservoirs the past few weeks. this last rain that went through dropped enough snow and rain to make a nice bump up for most...
36
36

restorative agriculture
in my wandering around the web looking at various projects and watching how they are doing through time i came across this one recently and finally had some time today to look at the area in more...

Rain
Had a dry day today so were able to get out in the garden without getting wet. Just poked around a bit to see how things were going and the garden is very lush. It should be with all the rain we...
6
6

Sweet chilies
Despite a couple of light freezes we picked about 20 Gypsy chilies today. Will harvest the first broccoli head this weekend and the lone cauliflower is heading. Swiss chard, spinach, lettuce, and...
8
8

i thought i was done
for the season but some friends had some bags of stuff to bring over for the gardens. the weather is holding in a fairly mild spell for a bit and the ground has not frozen yet so sure why not? :) it...
7
7

coka-cola bug spray?
Hi All, Came across this short video on other things to do with Coka-Cola besides giving humans diabetes: #1 is pesticide. Anyone every use Coka-Cola as a pesticide? I am wonder what the killing...
4
4

Happy Thanksgiving
To all our American members I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and a bountiful fall harvest. George
5
5