Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Beginnings , 2016
Today I planted bok choi , spinach , and romaine out in the garden . In keeping with my new no-till experiment , I loosened the soil in the row I wanted to plant with a fork , and worked a little...

Here comes Spring !
And I've already started some tomatoes and peppers . Got 18 cells of 'maters that have come up already , nothing from the peppers yet .
5
5

Spring is upon us
Warming weather, blue skies, temps around 70F and up. Looks like spring is almost here. Tearing out the winter garden in bits. If it looks like it might bear a bit longer we let it live. Eggplants are...
2
2

Howard rotavator clutch adjustment
I have just fitted a new engine to a Howard 350 rotavator and connecting up. Just found that the clutch adjustment is missing at the lever end. This is a bit like the cable adjusters you get bike...
3
3

Milk Jugs
You know , the kinda whitish/clear plastic ones ? Cut into 1" wide strips they make great ID tags for starter cells . Today I started my tomatoes and peppers , pretty much everything else is direct...

what will you do differently?
this year? i have a bit of brush clearing to do and perhaps transplanting some trees. the rest of the gardens are fairly done and not too much to change now. only one spot inside the fence will need...
12
12

Garlic: missed a few!
Hi All, The snow finally melted from my little garden. So I went to check out the garlic I so lovingly planted in the spring (probably should have done it in the fall). They are surviving "okay" with...
4
4

hedelfinger riesenkirsche pollination
I've just bought a sweet cherry plant, Hedelfinger riesenkirsche. The label says it's self pollinating but Google tells me Hedelfinger is an old variety and so likely to need a pollinating partner...

Preserving garlic
I'm looking for some alternative ways to preserve garlic. I've done it in oil before but am interested in other methods. My favourite way is to simply hang the bulbs in a cool, dark and dry place, but...
3
3

Tomatoes are evil
Read it yourself: Tomatoes ARE evil. 136 likes · 1 talking about this. WELCOME TO THE TRUTH ABOUT THE EVIL FRUIT proof that tomatoes (and other vegetables) are evil exists...

2015 rainfall
Just looked it up on Weather site, Harris Cty, TX, includes Houston and us: 70.5 inches of rain this past year. I remember one in, I think June, where there was 12 inches of rain in two days, several...

speed queen loud and leaking: new or repair
Hi All, Speedqueen AWS44NW top loading washer. Spin is very, very loud. And it is leaking: Over here I have found: Well, the only time the washer (speedqueen) is noisy on spin is if one or both the...
9
9

Ruth Stout , here I come
I have her book somewhere , but remember the basics . Next summer I will be embarking on a no-till project I do this partly because the soil is poor and partly because I'm on a slope . I have figured...
27
27

OT - UFO
the sun is out! but that also means in mid-winter that the nights are going to be colder too! still nice to see some sunshine to start the new year. :) songbird
3
3

pepper types
Are paprika peppers, pimentos, and "cheese peppers" all the same thing?
1
1