Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

radish
Hi all, I am super pleased with my radishes this year. They are now too big for the earwigs to hassle with. I didn't look for two days and they have doubled in size! Yippee! Something I can't kill!...
12
12

OT: Ground Cover ID?
Can anyone identify the plant in this picture? It's a ground cover plant in our front yard. The leaves are white in the center and dark green around the edges, about two inches long. They have bunches...
3
3

grow lights?
Hi All, I like to sprout in the garage, safely away from the earwigs. But not a lot of light comes through the Window. The sprouts bend over sideways trying to line up with the windows. The fear is...
7
7

OT - new weed
Posted as OT but r.gardens got no response. So maybe help here. Weed invading banks in back of house. This one crowding out vinca minor. About yard long, budding, stickers around leaves. Pulls easily...
10
10

First Pumpkin Sprouted
A week after planting, the first pumpkin plant sprouted this morning. Always encouraging to see something happening out there. Paul Maryland, North of Baltimore
1
1

for a change
i planted some of the lima beans on time. last year i was so late on planting some things that i didn't even bother planting lima beans. well... and i also had no space for them that wasn't going to...
3
3

pot depth question
Hi All, Last year I HACKED a bunch of ground pots into my so called dirt. I tried to make them about 10 to 12" deep. The idea was that they would not blow over and would have some slow drainage (takes...
9
9

Sick of all this rain and lack of sunshine...
Anyone else in the Midwest sick of all the rain and lack of sunshine this spring? The cool temps here aren't helping either. The high today was 63...sigh... My cool weather crops like onions,...
11
11

shallot flowers?
Hi All, My shallots look like they are getting ready to flower. Do I cut them off as I would a garlic scape? Many thanks, -T
2
2

first harvest
Three garlic scapes. Oh does my breath smell pretty!
2
2

Straw and Rain
Well straw anyway , the rain never showed . I got the entire garden covered with straw today , and it's looking like I'm headed in the right direction . My soil is in much better shape now than a...
6
6

Pumpkin Patch
I tilled, hilled, seeded, and watered-in the pumpkin patch yesterday. I pla nted eight varieties of pumpkins and winter squash. I planted several varie ties that we planted for the first time last...
6
6

I'm a father!
My first two seeds sprouted from my sprouting cups. Both are zucchini. About 30 more to go. The waiting is killing me

how long do peppers seeds take to sprout?
Hi All, I potted Chimayo and Sandia pepper seeds last week. nothing has sprouted yet. How long does it usually take? (How farmers put up with waiting, I will never know.) My radishes sprouted in two...
3
3

when to prune radish sprouts?
Hi All, This may be putting the cart before the horse as the earwigs may mow my radish sprouts flat, but how tall should I let my radish sprouts get and how far apart should they be when I prune them....
1
1